"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Friday, June 11, 2010

"How I learned to Cook" Edited by Kimberly Witherspoon and Peter Meehan

I just read half of "How I learned to Cook".  I love cookbooks, I read them like I do my fiction books!  I found this book at the library in the biography section and was pretty excited to read it.  Seriously, what could be wrong with a biography about famous cooks?  Right?
The first few stories were great, they talked about how they got "the cooking bug", who or what influenced them, it was good reading.  BUT (I know you are not supposed to start a sentence with but, but it fits!), the next story had cuss words, some famous chefs have the foulest mouths I have ever heard!  I thought it must be just this one chef, so I skipped the rest of that story and  I read the next story (each chef wrote their own stories), it was absolutely disgusting!
Needless to say, I did NOT finish reading this book!  I was so disappointed!  I try to keep my mind and thoughts clean and pure and you would think a cooking book would be fine, NOT.  So please do not read this book.  I have another biography to read about a blogger and her quest to cook all of Julia Child's recipes, I pray this one is better than the last book!
Happy reading!
Missy

No comments: