"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Outlaw Marshal" by Al & Joanna Lacy

I love Al Lacy's books.  I met him about 13 - 14 years ago.  He was the guest speaker at either camp meeting or revival at my church in AR.  I tended to his book table while he was there so that he could mingle and talk to people.  It was a privilege, since we all know what a bookworm I am!  I had not read his books yet and as a thank you for helping him, he gave me several of his "Angel of Mercy" books, autographed.  I stayed up late every night reading them even though I was at church late selling his books, and got up early to help serve breakfast, then was at church all day for the services.  Bro. Al Lacy is an independent, fundamental Baptist evangelist who preaches the Word with no reservations.  He is KJV only.  I have almost all of his books.
His first books he wrote was the "Stranger" series.  Western books that even my husband likes to read, and he does not read fiction books but loves Bro. Lacy's books.  He brings the Stranger back in "Outlaw Marshal".  Outlaw Marshal is about a young outlaw who John Brockman, The Stranger, leads to the Lord and becomes a deputy working for him.  The book has a great salvation message (as all of his books do) and a great story line.  I would definitely recommend reading all of his books!

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=al+lacy&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1

I can't wait to read the next book: "Deadlock"  #2 in The Return of the Stranger Series. 

Happy Reading!
Missy

No comments: