"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Friday, January 29, 2010

"The Last Confederate"

I'm kind of slow on my reading this week, I have been pretty busy.  I was kind of glad about him quoting Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  Thad was asking Pet what it means to be saved.  She never really came out and told him how to be saved though. 
A few pages later he said "d... yankee", and I was very upset about that.  He has never included a bad word before, so why start now? 
There is a lot of conflict about a yankee living in the south. 
I'll tell you more on Mon.  I shouldahave finished the book by then.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I have really enjoyed numerous Christian fiction books over the years...but that's the main problem I have with most Christian fictions books: They usually fail to explain the full plan of salvation that caused the wonderful transformation in the character's life and they also want to add a little wordliness with their speech.

Christian authors really need to think about the real reason why they're writing their book! Is it to influence godliness and seek more people turning to Christ? Or is it all about money...and making more sales?