"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke

I finished reading Hidden Flame last week.  It is the sequel to The Centurion's Wife.  I don't know if I can wait until December for The Damascus Way! 
This book really makes you think about what it must have been like for Jesus's followers after He was crucified and rose again.  Bunn and Oke do a great job to make the members of the Sanhedrin and Pharisees come alive.  Not to mention the rulers at that time.  This story highlights Abigail, who was introduced in the last book, and her struggles and fears.  Abigail is an orphan who is one of Jesus's followers doing His working by serving.  The book also brings back Linux, the Roman who was Alban's friend.  The book takes a twist and has a different ending then you expect it to have.  I don't want to give away too much of the story, you will just have to read it for yourself!  It is a must read!
You can buy the book here:

No comments: