"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Centurion's Wife by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn

Let me just say that Janette Oke is one of my all-time favorite authors!  I have most of her books, I am missing a few that I still need to get though.  She has collaborated with Davis Bunn (I also have a lot of his books)on several books.  I have all of the Song of Acadia Series they wrote together, and Heirs of Acadia which is the continuation written by Davis and Isabella Bunn, and now they are writing the Acts of Faith Series, the first one being The Centurion's Wife.
I just finished the Centurion's Wife and as usual I was not disappointed!  It is a great book!  Have you ever wondered what it must have been like in Jerusalem right after Jesus was crucified?  The Sanhedrin trying to cover up the facts about Christ's resurrection, Pilate and Herod trying to find out what happened to Jesus's body, and the disciples and His followers trying to figure out everything else.  There must have been a lot of confusion, speculation and hope going around the city.  This book covers all of it. 
We follow the lives of Leah, Procula's servant(Procula is Pilate's wife).  She is ordered by Procula to find out what is going on with the Judeans, but Leah finds a lot more then Procula bargains for.  We also follow Alban, a Roman centurion who is ordered by Pilate to get answers about what happened to Jesus's body.  He gets a lot more answers then he expected also.
I already have the Hidden Flame, book 2, sitting here waiting for me to start on tonight.  You can get a great deal on the book for only $5.99 at christian book.com
http://www.christianbook.com/the-centurions-wife-acts-of-faith/davis-bunn/9780764206542/pd/206542?item_code=WW&netp_id=532267&event=ESRCN&view=details
It looks like Damascus Way, the third book will be released in December, but I don't know if I can wait that long to read it!  It sure will be a great Christmas present for me though!
I know you will enjoy this book as much as I did!
Happy Reading and remember to honer God in all you read!
Missy

No comments: