"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"The Last Christian" by David Gregory

I had never read David Gregory before and probably would not have read this one if Waterbrook had not sent this one to me.  I am so glad that I read it!  It is one of the best fiction novels that I have read in a long time!!!  Mr. Gregory is able to weave fiction with biblical facts and some great "what ifs" about the future.  Some of the laws he talks about has already come to pass.
The year is 2088 and America has changed tremendously.  Abby has lived in Papua New Guinea with a tribe that has had no outside contact with the world for over 20 years.  Her parents were missionaries and Abby was born in this village.  Abby has to leave the village to get help for her village and adopted daughter, Miraba.  She is thrust into a world where Christianity has been wiped out, people no longer get married and just have ten year contracts with their life partners instead, people have brain transplants, and morals are done away with.  Abby has to re-introduce Christianity into America, but is Christianity salvation only, or is there more to it?  Will she find the true meaning of "Life"?  You have got to read this book for a great spiritual lesson.  The ending is a surprise that you would not expect.

Here is a link to buy the book directly from Random House:
http://www.randomhouse.com/gm/results.pperl?title_subtitle_auth_isbn=the+last+christian

I'll post some great quotes from the book tomorrow on my blog!

Happy Reading,
Missy!

No comments: