"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blind Hope by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher

Blind Hope is a true story of a young lady, Laurie, and her quest to be loved and accepted by the world.  She adopts an ugly, blind dog with bad breath, Mia.  Through Mia, Laurie learns that no matter how ugly and blind we are, God is always there to guide us and love us through life. She needed to learn to trust and obey her master , just as her blind dog also needed to learn these lessons. It is a short book and an easy read.  It is not to "weighty" like some self help books are.  This is a book that can be read by teenagers and adults, men and women, although it is written by women so it would appeal more to the way a woman thinks.  It's a pretty good book, here is a quote:  "Just like Mia chose to trust me, it was time for me to choose to trust God.  I needed to demonstrate confidence, not only in my heart but also with my actions, that God would lead me with His light.  It was time for me to believe that no matter how far I had fallen away from God, there was no darkness so deep that I could fall beyond his willingness to be my light."  The book is full of all kinds of truthful insights that would be a blessing to anybody.
Multnomah sent me this book to review and share with you!  You can go here:  http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/catalog.php?isbn=9781601422804 to find out more about the book and to purchase it. 
Kim Meeder operates Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, where Laurie Sacher also works as a team leader.  You can go here:  http://www.crystalpeaksyouthranch.org/  for more information.
Happy Reading!
Missy

No comments: