"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Best Christmas Ever by Cheryl Wolverton

I finished The Best Christmas Ever by Cheryl Wolverton a few days ago.  I've been sick, so I have been reading faster then I can blog!  It is a small novella about a little girl named Mickie.  All she wants for Christmas is a new mommy.
Sarah is Mickie's aunt and wants to heal past wounds and needs to learn how to forgive herself and not to feel guilty about stuff that is not her fault.  She believes the housekeeper/nanny job working for Justin, her deceased sister's husband, is the way to do that.
Justin is happy with the way his family is.  He wants to show Sarah forgiveness, will he learn how to not only forgive her, but treat her as part of the family?
I don't want to give anything away, so I won't give anymore details about the book.  It is a short, quick read.  Cheryl does a good job teaching what the Bible says and keeping on track with it.  She is very biblical with the way her characters conduct themselves and explaining what God would expect also.
I would definitely recommend reading this book.  You will have to get it from either your library, a used book store or from one of the used bookstores online.  Here is a link to one of them:
http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qisbn=9780373870479&qwork=645384#search-anchor
Happy Reading!
Missy
P.S.  Yes you will be seeing a Christmas theme in the books I am reading this month.  Don't you just love Christmas and what it stands for?

No comments: