"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter

I've had the flu for three weeks so I have a few Christmas books that I read that I need to post about it.  I just read White Christmas Pie by Wanda Brunstetter.  I love Amish fiction.  I  find it very interesting to learn about other cultures and religions.  The book is about a young man who was abandoned by his father when he was six years old.  Will was raised by a childless Amish couple who raised him as their own son.  Will loves his "parents" but he still has a lot of resentment towards his birth father that he needs to work through.  He is engaged to be married to a sweet young Amish girl, Karen.  The book is about the struggles they face emotionally because of his resentment and how he needs to learn to forgive before he can move on with his life.  In the book, Will's favorite pie is White Christmas Pie, which is where the title of the book comes from.  Mrs. Brunstetter included a recipe for the pie in the back of her book.  I baked the pie and posted the recipe on my other blog here:  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/
If you would like to buy the book you can buy it here:  http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find/1159947132?Ntt=white+christmas+pie&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1
it is on sale for $1.99 right now so hop on over and order yours today!
Happy Reading!
Missy

No comments: