"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sunday Clothes

I am really enjoying this book!  It talks a lot about different relationships:  dating, newlyweds, been married awhile, temptations, and family relationships.  Thom Lemmons is an excellent writer who is able to keep his readers interested.  There is a lot of sadness in this book.  It shows the difference between a "colored" funeral and a "white" funeral.   Do you think a funeral should be all somber and depressing?  Or do you think it should be a celebration of that person's life?  I want upbeat singing and a lot of laughter at my funeral.  When I die I want people to know that I enjoyed life while I was here and now I'm enjoying life up in heaven! 
Do you have any idea how hard it is to write about a book without giving away any of the juicy stuff?  I don't want to spoil it for anyone though!
While you are reading this book there are a few things I want you to think about.  What should Zeb do differently when temptation comes calling?  What should he do to keep the communication lines open between him and Addie?  Should Addie keep things bottled up or should she tell Zeb the truth about her feelings? Is it Addie's fault he is tempted?  Did Addie's dad do the right thing by cutting her out of his will?  What should he have done differently in raising her?
That's it for now, it is a very thick book and I have not had much time to read, right now my dishes are asking to be washed!  TTYL!

No comments: