"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Idle Hours" by Kathleen Y'Barbo

I'm already halfway through with another book, but I was busy decorating cakes this weekend and I have not had a chance to tell ya'll about the last story in Kentucky Keepers.  "Idle Hours" was very short, a little over 100 pages.  Kathleen did a pretty good job ending the book with a character who had been in every story, Joe.  A new woman moved to town (there had to be a woman or it wouldn't be a romance), Lia, who had to leave her previous job because of health.  She's good friends with Ruby(remember Ruby from the first story?)  You'll have to read Kentucky Keepers to find out what happens.
I was wondering about something though.  They went to the same church but did not realize it.  She went to the contemporary first service and he went to the more traditional noon service.  What is wrong with traditional services?  Why does a church need to change to get members?  Does that mean God should change to have people follow Him?  That's like going to your dad and saying "Dad, I love you, but if you want me to hang out with you, you will have to become more worldly".  That is wrong!  God says to separate yourself from the world, but so many churches are "changing" to attract the world.  I think it is more important for us to change and become more like Christ.
Let me know your comments!! 
I'll be reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" in a few days.  If you haven't read it yet, go ahead and start reading it so that we can share our thoughts!
Happy Reading!
Missy

No comments: