"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Conclusion "Watch Over Me"

I finished "Watch Over Me".  It really was a good book, after all I did read it in four days.  :)  It spoke to me because it talked about how heart-breaking the foster care system can be, getting a baby, getting attached and not knowing if you would have to give "your" baby back that you have become a family with.  The book is about a soldier, a vegan hippie, and a genius deaf teen finding a family together through God.  It talks about coming back to God and how only he can heal your hurts, and how hard it is to just live happily without making Christ the center of your life.  The book definitely makes you cry in parts.  I really wish she would take out the marital references so that I can read her other book because she is a very good author. 
Next I am going to read a book I ordered, I didn't realize it was a kid's book but it still looks good and I'll see if it is one I want to pass around to the kids at church.   It is "The Journey of Yung Lee" by Judith McCoy-Miller.  I love her books, it will probably only take me day. 
Then I am going to read a new book by another favorite author, Lynn Austin.  That book is "Though Waters Roar"
Have a blessed day everyone!!!

No comments: