"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Monday, January 4, 2010

Quotes from "Watch Over Me"

I am about half way through the book.  It is very hard to put down!  Here are a couple of quotes that I liked.
Abbi was helping pass out stuff at a retiremnet home and she had free cabbage for whoever wanted it and offered it to an old lady and this was the old ladies response  "What do I want that for?  I don't buy cabbage 'cause I don't like it, so why would I take it now it's free?".  It made me think of my pack rat-itis (made up word) that I have.  If it's free I need it, actually no I don't.  I was accumulating free junk from people and I have since learned that just because it is free does not mean I need it.  That old lady hit it on the nail!
Here is another quote from the beginning of the book:  "Startled by the light and the rush of air against its body, the newborn scrunched up its face and wailed, fists flailing like a prizefighter's, knuckles bluish-gray and filmy.  The umbilical cord hung from its-her-belly, a dirty shoelcae knotted near the frayed end."
Parrish is very good at descriptions and capturing your attention.  When I read that I felt like I was the with the deputy when he found her.  Made me want to cry!

No comments: