"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Friday, January 8, 2010

"Though Waters Roar" by Lynn Austin

I love Lynn Austin's books!I have only read three chapters so far, it was really hard to put the book down last night to go to sleep!  The main character  is recounting the history of the ladies in her life to explain how she got where is.  I have learned about her great-grandmother Hannah so far.  She was an amazing lady who put her faith in God to help with the underground rail road.  Did you know if you got caught harboring slaves you could get a $1,000 fine(which was probably almost a million back then!)and six months in jail!  You had to have total trust in God to be able to help out those poor people.  I think I would have done it too, We are all created equal in God's eyes, and no body has the right to own another person.  Some countries still have a form of slavery when fathers sell their daughters to men for wives.  It is despicable!  But I digress.  :)
Like I said I read 3 chapters last night before bed it is such a good book!  I would definitely recommend getting this book and read along with me.  If you are one of my local friends, let me know if you want to borrow this book!

No comments: