"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Thursday, January 7, 2010

"The Journey of Yung Lee" by Judith McCoy-Miller

Judith Miller is one of my favorite authors.  I found this book on paperbackswap.com and did not know until I received it that it was a kid's book.  I figured I would go ahead and read it so that I would know wether or not to recommend it.  "The Journey of Yung Lee" is part of a series called "The Immigrants' Chronicles".  The book is recommended for ages 8-12, but I think young teens would like it also.  It is about a young chinses girl who learns about Jesus from missionaries in China.  Her brother, who is not a believer, decides they need to move to America to look for gold.  He is the only family she has.  The book talks about how hard it is for children to move, and the struggles chinese women have with bound feet.  There is some very good facts about China woven in also.  I have only read half the book so far, but I would recommend it.  I'll tell you the rest tomorrow!

No comments: