"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Questions for "Though Waters Roar"

There are a few things you might want to think about if you are also reading this book.  A lot of feminist issues are raised.  Do you think women should be equal with men?  I say yes and no.  God created us differently.  He made man, and he made woman.  He created woman to be a helpMEET.  Not a doormat.  He made us equal but different.  It is really hard for a man to step into a woman's role as a homemaker, just as it is really hard for a woman to step into a man's role as the bread maker.  Can the roles be switched?  Yes, but it is extra hard for that person because that is not how God made us.  Women are emotional which is why we have such great mothering instincts - but it is really hard for us to fire someone in the work place because we feel sorry for them.  Men are great decision makers but they usually don't understand why the child is crying or why we have pretty curtains that have to match the rug. I help supplement the income by decorating cakes from home, which allows me to keep my home in working order without being frazzled and tired all the time.   Men have a hard time in life without a wife and a woman has a hard time in life without a husband.  Sure, I could support myself and make it in the world without my husband, but why would I want to give up his love, security, and leadership for loneliness?  "To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."  Titus 2:5

No comments: