"....but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
I Timothy 4:12, 13

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is this stuff really needed?

Okay seriously, when I read a Christian fiction book it is because I want to read stories about other Christians and their struggles and adventures.  I want to read a "clean" book.  So why would a "Christian" author write references about marital relations?  Christa Parrish does not go into details or anything, but when she mentions that Abbi's husband "checked" her out (she was very descriptive) it put those images in my mind.  She also talks about when they have relations(not descriptive). I don't want those images in my mind.  Parrish is an excellent author, but I won't read another one of her books.
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Phil. 4:8

No comments: